RE: st: Code to generate dummy variable from several categorical variables?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Code to generate dummy variable from several categorical variables?
Date   Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:37:27 +0000

As -tab, gen()- is only available with a single variable, this suggestion seems to have no bearing on the question being asked.

urbain thierry YOGO

Try tabulate variable, gen(newvariable)
summarize variable*
where variable is the categorical variable and new variable, the new
dummy. You may have as dummy variable as the number of modalities.