Re: st: -baplot- output

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -baplot- output
Date   Sat, 14 Jan 2012 09:10:24 +0000

-baplot- (STB-55) is a user-written program. Please remember that you
are asked to explain where user-written programs you refer to. Once
again,

1. This gives detailed context on your problem to people who might be
interested in trying to help you.

2. It stops people wasting time, especially new or naive users, by
typing -help baplot- and then wondering why it doesn't work.

3. It tells people about a program that may be useful to them.

4. It helps remind any program authors who may have forgotten about
some of their progeny.

5. It gives appropriate credit to those program authors, at least indirectly.

I can think of no reason not to do this. I assert without fear of
contradiction that there is no user-written program that absolutely
all Statalist members know about.

In this particular case, try -concord- (SJ 10-4) which will add that
regression line painlessly.

Proportional error is surely best examined after transformation to logarithms.

You can and should -update- from 10.0 to 10.1.

Nick