Re: st: stcox in case the ph-assumption is rejected

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stcox in case the ph-assumption is rejected
Date   Fri, 6 Jan 2012 16:13:07 +0100

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Yuval Arbel wrote:
> My intentions are only to supplement a footnote and present the
> HP-assumption tests in an appendix and not to go further beyond that.

You should go further than that as you showed that the proportional
hazard assumption was rejected for at least three variables. So you
now must fix your model. It makes no sense to show that your model is
flawed and than do nothing about it. Allowing the effects of those
variables to change over time or stratify on them are two options.
Since your variables are continuous I would prefer to let the effects
change over time.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis