Re: st: checking over dispersion in XTPOISSON

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: checking over dispersion in XTPOISSON
Date   Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:24:48 +0000

I mentioned -xtnbreg- because no one had mentioned it. I have never
used it. It should be easy enough to check whether a negative binomial
model gives much better fit to the data than a Poisson model. For
example, examine observed and fitted for both models.

I don't know whether that can be encapsulated in a single test or
figure of merit, if that is what you seek.

Nick