Re: st: How to solve "repeated time values" error message for panel dataset

From   urbain thierry YOGO <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to solve "repeated time values" error message for panel dataset
Date   Thu, 5 Jan 2012 20:13:21 +0100

Dear Nataliya
To my knowledge, stata is only able to declare dataset with at most
two dimension (individual and time). In your dataset you have three
ddimension (1 for countries, one for firms and a time dimension).

2012/1/5, Nataliya Acc <[email protected]>:

> Dear Statalist users,
>
> May I ask you one more question regarding declaring panel dataset panel or
> time series.
> I know that it's very basic but these are my first steps with Stata. I keep
> getting an error and I do not know how to solve it.
>
> When I am trying to declare my dataset time series I keep getting the
> following error
> message:
>

> within panel
> r(451)
>

> I have data 20 partner countries, each of which contains data on 16
> industries for 11 years.
>
> At the moment my dataset is organized in the following way:
> 1.)each partner country is codded from 1, 2, 3
> ... to 20.
> 2.) within each partner country data each out of 16 industries
> are also coded from 1, 2... to 16)
> 3.) within each industry each out of 11-years periods are coded from
> 1.... to 11.
>
> I would appreciate it so much if you could direct me on how I should recode
> it or what
> should I change to be able to declare my dataset time series.
>
> Thank you
>
> Best regards
>
> Nataliya

*Urbain Thierry YOGO