Re: st: Detecting a macro expansion error

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Detecting a macro expansion error
Date   Mon, 2 Jan 2012 10:20:55 +0000

Sorry, but I am not closer to understanding your aim. It might be
clearer if you gave a complete example of a program and of a tricky
thing with macros that a user might reasonably want to do that you
want to indulge, although I am not confident that this vague
description matches your perceived problem.

I don't know quite what a macro expansion error would look like as far
as you are concerned, so I don't know how to suggest catching it.

A side-issue is that it is a bad idea to change Stata's own code, in
this case -levelsof-. Clone and experiment, by all means.

Nick