Re: st: Regression Across Two Groups

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regression Across Two Groups
Date   Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:25:13 +0500

Sorry for not clarifying the story about the types of variables, like
earnings which I have at hand as a categorical/dichotomous variable.
For example if an individual has a portion of earnings from doing
consultancies or involved in any R&D organizations beside their normal
routine jobs. In this case, I was interested in comparing the
regression models (across foreign qualified and not foreign qualified)
of earnings on other predictors say experience, research training, job
nature, industry, region (rural and urban) using logit/probit in case
of categorical variables and similarly using OLS for continuous
dependent variable which at least I do not have at this stage.

My concern was over the ways to compare regressions across groups in
such cases and the related Statistical and Econometric issues. I have
atleast developed a strong point to start my rounds of regressions
with good suggested issues to be considered. Maarten hinted towards
important consequences while comparing regressions across groups. Many
thanks for all of your time and  for the discussion. Sorry for my poor
English, being a non-native young Econometric student.

Best wishes for your long lives and good health to enable me learning a lot.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Richard Williams
<[email protected]> wrote:
> At 12:17 PM 12/13/2011, Muhammad Anees wrote:
>>
>> Thanks cam for your prompt reply, I would be interested to see in case
>> of logit.
>

> If the dependent variable is earnings, what makes this a logit problem? Do
> you perhaps mean log of earnings?
>

>> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> > Will this be a linear or logit (or probit) regression?
>> >
>> > Cam

>> > *
>> > *   For searches and help try:
>> > *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
>> > *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
>> > *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>> ---------------------------
>> Muhammad Anees
>> Assistant Professor
>> COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
>> Attock 43600, Pakistan
>> www.aneconomist.com
>>
>> *
>> *   For searches and help try: