Re: st: Regression Across Two Groups

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regression Across Two Groups
Date   Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:43:04 +0000

I am surprised at the road taken in this thread. To me this is better,
or least more easily, handled as

earnings as response

experience as predictor

foreign qualifications as predictor (indicator variable. some say dummy)

and as such a fairly standard regression model, except that a
logarithmic link or equivalent would seem natural.

I am not an economist, although British readers might like to be
impressed by my A-level in Economics (Grade A) in 1969, so I may
easily be misreading this.

Nick