Re: st: Picking Groups with Complete Data on Variable X

From   Robson Glasscock <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Picking Groups with Complete Data on Variable X
Date   Sat, 10 Dec 2011 13:46:42 -0500

Here is an example:

/* begin code */

clear
webuse pig

/* Modify dataset to contain two missing values.
One is in id==3 and one in id==10 */
replace weight= . if _n==23
replace weight= . if _n==87

/*Create a variable that will equal 1 if
weight is missing, otherwise 0 */
gen nonmissing=0
replace nonmissing=1 if weight != .

/* Identify groups with a missing value for weight */
bysort id: egen min_nonmiss=min(nonmissing)

/* Display the id's with missing values for weight in any year */
tab id if  min_nonmiss==0

/* Drop every observation for groups with missing values */
drop if min_nonmiss==0

/* end code */

best,
Robson Glasscock