Re: st: is there a way to determine variable storage type within a dofile

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: is there a way to determine variable storage type within a dofile
Date   Sat, 10 Dec 2011 09:57:47 +0000

If you are interested in -ds-, check out -findname- (SJ). Go for the
article in SJ 10-2 and the bug-fixed software from the SJ 10-4 files.
As always, installing the software does not depend on a SJ
subscription.

dm0048_1 from http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj10-4
    SJ10-4 dm0048_1.  Update: Finding variable names / Update: Finding
    variable names / by Nicholas J. Cox, Durham University, UK / Support:
    [email protected] / After installation, type help findname

dm0048 from http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj10-2
    SJ10-2 dm0048.  Finding variables / Finding variables / by Nicholas J.
    Cox, Durham University, UK / Support:  [email protected] / After
    installation, type help findname

-findname- can do what -ds- can and more.

-ds- is and was an official command, but includes several user-written
details. -findname- is user-written, a superset of -ds- with slightly
different syntax.

Nick