SV: st: Windows 7 search inside do-file

From   Tomas Lind <[email protected]>
Subject   SV: st: Windows 7 search inside do-file
Date   Fri, 9 Dec 2011 13:26:31 +0000

Thanks Patrick for input on this peculiar matter.
 I´ll try it as soon as I can get help with the DOS-prompter from our computer experts.

/Tomas

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] För Grealy, Patrick J
Skickat: den 8 december 2011 17:42
Till: [email protected]
Ämne: RE: st: Windows 7 search inside do-file

Tomas,
I am also fond of the Windows/MS-DOS findstr command mentioned in the description of SSC/Find. I usually use the /i option(ignore case) and /s(search all sub-folders). You should type "help findstr" at the DOS prompt for complete list of options which include regular expression matching.

e.g. findstr/i/s tabout c:\work\*.do  -- this would search for "tabout" string in all *.do files in folder c:\work as well as all sub-folders.

Now, you just have to figure out how to get the DOS command prompt in Windows 7 - it keeps getting more difficult(I am still at Windows XP). - Pat G.