Re: st: Recovering Names of Factor Variables for Displaying Table of Estimates

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Recovering Names of Factor Variables for Displaying Table of Estimates
Date   Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:18:11 -0600

Lloyd Dumont <[email protected]> is using -estimates table- with results
from a model using factor variables with interactions but is getting an error
message even when identifying an interaction coefficient correctly in the
-keep()- option:

> Thanks, Alan.  That does generate a list of variables, including those
> created to capture the ineractions.  But, I get the same problem.    For
> example, according to the coeflegend table, one of the interactions is
> called 1.X1#c.X2.    But, if I try to generate a table of estimates...
>
> estimates table M1 M2, ///
>  stats(N) star(.1 .05 .01) ///
>  keep(1.X1#c.X2) ///
>  b(%9.4fc) stfmt(%9.0fc) style(oneline)
>
> I get
>
> X1#c: operator invalid
>
> So, that leaves me back where I started...

Lloyd found a parsing bug in -estimates table-.  We have determined the cause
of the error and fixed it.  The fix will be available in the next update to
Stata 12.

--Jeff