Re: st: xtlogit=logit, cluster(pid) ??

From   Joerg Luedicke <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtlogit=logit, cluster(pid) ??
Date   Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:52:36 -0500

No. Why would you think so? What was your rationale for using
-xtlogit- in the first place?

-xtlogit- per default fits what is often referred to as "random
effects model". This means that you allow intercepts to vary across
your higher level units. Unless there is no variability across higher
level units at all, parameter estimates will differ from a -logit-
fit. Using -logit- with cluster robust standard errors only affects
your standard errors, but not your point estimates.

Joerg