RE: st: transpose of column of a data to row

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: transpose of column of a data to row
Date   Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:42:22 +0000

Daniel is correct on all points.

That said, it's rare that you are really are better off with 1000 variables and 21 observations than with the reverse.

It's not impossible, but in the absence of information on what Saqlain Raza wants to do, it's still my guess that it is probable that this data structure will make most analyses more difficult.

daniel klein

It is possible within Stata [sic]. Take a look at

h xpose

1000 variables (columns) that are to be created are only a problem if
you have "Small Stata". Any other package (i.e. IC, SE, MP) allows at
least 2,047 variables.

Saqlain Raza

I want to change the columns of my data into rows. Is is possible with
STATA? The number of columns are 21 and the number of rows are almost
1000.