Re: st: Ado File for MI Estimation Stata 12

From   Donna L Quadri <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Ado File for MI Estimation Stata 12
Date   Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:49:09 -0500

Thank you, that was very helpful.

Donna

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 4:45 AM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> I think you are bundling together different problem reports which I have flagged (a) (b) (c) in your posting.
>
> You will get pertinent advice faster -- and avoid misleading list members with what turn out to be side issues -- by posting in more detail with concrete (not schematised) examples of your real commands. See the Statalist FAQ for advice and especially note the injunction:
>
> "Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata typed (or did) in response. N.B. exactly! If you can, reproduce the error with one of Stata's provided datasets or a simple concocted dataset that you include in your posting."
>
> Addressing (a):
>
> The -cmdok- option is thus revealed to be necessary but not sufficient if -mi- does not explicitly support an estimation command. That is, -factor- is an estimation command but of idiosyncratic kind and in particular it does not leave behind certain e-class results that are essential for -mi- to work. The way ahead is closed to you on this route. It is not clear quite what you expect -factor- to impute, in any case.
>
> At a wild guess, you are misreading -mi- as a kind of all-purpose framework for doing any model estimation even if you have missing values. It is very general, but not that general, at least at present.
>
> What to do next depends on your goal. Perhaps -sem- will allow you to formulate a similar if not identical factor model. Others are better placed to make constructive suggestions but I think they would need to know much more about your substantive goals.
>
> Addressing (b) and (c):
>
> The full commands would help people provide better advice.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Donna L Quadri [edited]
>
> (a)
>
> When using the syntax mi estimate, cmdok: factor x1 x2 x3..... The
> error message I receive is:
>
> matrix e(b) is not set
> matrix e(V) is not set
>
> when using the syntax mi estimate, cmdok: sem ... it worked fine.
>
> (b)
>
> When performing estat gof on the sem estimation, received the error
> message:
>
> invalid subcommand gof
>
> (c)
>
> same response with mi estimate, cmdok: anova....it worked fine but no
> estat commands did. Received same error message.
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> You don't show us any of your syntax so it is difficult to comment. -ok- is an option of -mi estimate-, so your call would start
>>
>> mi estimate, ok: <whatever>
>>
>> except that there may be other options too.
>
> Donna L Quadri
>
>> I must not have the correct syntax for the cmdok option because I
>> receive errors that I did not set it correctly. That would be
>> preferable because I have never set up a program in Stata before and
>> having challenges doing so correctly.

> [...]

Professor Quadri
Donna Quadri-Felitti
Clinical Associate Professor
Preston Robert Tisch Center for Hospitality, Tourism, and Sports Management
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
7 East 12th Street, Room 529F, New York, NY 10003 (note the new address)
212-992-9093, fax 212-995-4676