Re: st: spatial weight matrix in stata

From   Yuval Arbel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: spatial weight matrix in stata
Date   Sun, 6 Nov 2011 12:35:52 +0200

Ajita,

Generally speaking, you need to provide stata the weights by yourself.

If each observation in the sample is average data for each census
tract - you need to correct for hetheroskedasticity by multiplying
each observation in the square root of the population size for each
census tract.

If each of your observation is not average but rather refers to
specific properties - you can generate regional dummy variables and
run -heckman-

Finally, if your data is panel - you can use the -xtreg- command and
run a fixed-effect model, which is also based on regional dummies

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Ajita Atreya <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to run spatial hedonic model. For that I need a spatial weight matrix. I have data on 24000 observations of property prices, the parcel number, lat  and long associated , census tract numbers, structural attributes, location attributes. It it possible to make a spatial weight matrix in stata for my dataset???
> Thank you in advance for your help
> Ajita
> *
> *   For searches and help try: