Re: st: Sjlatex and MikTex

From   Alberto R Osella <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Sjlatex and MikTex
Date   Fri, 04 Nov 2011 14:16:57 +0100

I'll try Roger. Thank you

Alberto R. Osella, MD, PhD
Laboratorio di Epidemiologia e Biostatistica
IRCCS Saverio de Bellis
Via Turi, 27
70013 Castellana Grotte (BA)
Italia
Tel:    +39 0804994655
Fax:    +39 0804994650
e-mail: [email protected]

Il 04/11/2011 13:29, Roger B. Newson ha scritto:
Speaking as a MiKTeX user, I think the problem may be that whatever folder you have installed SJ LaTeX into is not on any of the TeX input paths of your MiKTeX.

The various TeX input paths for MiKTeX are stored in aMicrosoft Windows environment variables, named -texinputs-, -bibinputs- and -bstinputs-. These environment variables need to be set before TeX, LaTeX or BiBTeX are called.

In my personal MiKTeX installation, I have a command file -settexinputs.bat-, which sets the various TeX input paths. The text of this file is as follows:

**** BEGINNNING OF texinputs.bat - CUT HERE
@echo off
rem Set TeX, BiBTeX and .bst input path to all subfolders in c:\texutil\input
set texinputs=c:/texutil/input//
set bibinputs=%texinputs%
set bstinputs=%texinputs%
**** END OF texinputs.bat - CUT HERE

The file -texinputs.bat- is called by the various other personal command files that I use with MiKTeX. For instance, I have a personal front-end command file for the file -doit.bat-, distributed with SJ LaTeX. This front-end command file is named -doit_rbn.bat-, and it calls -settexinputs.bat- and then calls -doit.bat- and -ps2pdf- to produce a .pdf output file. Its text is as follows:

**** BEGINNNING OF doit_rbn.bat - CUT HERE
@echo off
rem Call the program doit.bat,
rem provided by The Stata Journal as part of the sjlatex package,
rem after setting the local TeX environment variables.
call c:\texutil\miktexsu\settexinputs
call c:\texutil\input\sjlatex\doit %1%
ps2pdf main.ps
echo you may now view main.pdf
**** END OF doit_rbn.bat - CUT HERE

I have a suite of MiKTeX command files, and call them from within TextPad, which is my chosen text editor for Windows. TextPad has a Tools menu, from which I routinely call TeX, Stata, R and other programs.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil