st: Re: xtmod, lag/lead variables

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   Emma Calvert <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: xtmod, lag/lead variables
Date   Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:39:25 -0400

Dear Emma,

I have no idea what a 'moderated regression' is; that is not common terminology in my field. If the routine doesn't like using something like L.gdp, then

gen lgdp = L.gdp

and see if it accepts that. But for interactions, in general terms, the new factor-variable notation introduced in Stata 11, along with the margins command, is likely to be more useful than this program from what I understand of it. Furthermore, in Stata 12, there is also a marginsplot command, which might be reason enough to upgrade.

Cheers
Kit