Re: st: oglm and heterogeneous choice models

From   "Rourke O'Brien" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: oglm and heterogeneous choice models
Date   Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:15:15 -0400

Thanks so much for the follow up!

Yes the DV is dichotomous. Does the Brant test work for dichotomous
variables? I kept getting errors that there had to be multiple levels
(ordinal).

And I was using the lr option as well, just forgot to mention.

If I use gologit2 to identify problematic variables can I also use it
to estimate a model that corrects for the hetero (by denoting which
vars meet the pl assumption and which do not)? Or do I need to use
that information and run the model in oglm?

And I completely agree that its best to find other ways to tweak the
model to deal with the hetero as these models are certainly tricky!
External readers pushing to test it both ways.