Re: st: Re: rolling and ts operators

From   Richard Herron <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: rolling and ts operators
Date   Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:19:32 -0400

-rolling- passes seven observations to -regress-, but when -regress-
creates the regressors, the one with the lag operator in the first
observation for each individual is empty. -regress- still runs the
regression, but can only use six observations since the first one is
empty.

It doesn't have to do with the number or linearity of regressors.
Maybe it's illustrative to look at that first seven observation window
and see that the first lagged value is missing and that -regress- has
N = 6.

* begin code
webuse grunfeld, clear
xtset company year
list company year invest mvalue l.mvalue in 1/7
regress invest mvalue l.mvalue in 1/7
* end code