Re: st: Longitudinal but NOT panel data to do fixed and random effects

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Longitudinal but NOT panel data to do fixed and random effects
Date   Sun, 16 Oct 2011 10:25:54 +0500

Do you mean the data is not strongly balanced? If so, the models for
panel data could still be used for longitudinal data. and if your
longitudinal does not have ID variables, you can generate one by using
-egen-

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 3:24 AM, House Wang <[email protected]> wrote:
> The data is longitudinal but NOT panel data, and it is censored
> continuous data (from 0 to 1).
> Fractional logit (probit) model fits very well with the  censored
> continuous data (from 0 to 1). And there is also fractional logit
> model for panel data, but I am not sure whether it can apply to the
> longitudinal data I have, because it is not a panel data.
> What can I do for this? I have searched internet; it seems there is no
> such a model so far....
>
> J.Wang
> *
> *   For searches and help try: