Re: st: Regression Discontinuity Design

From   Nyasha Tirivayi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regression Discontinuity Design
Date   Fri, 7 Oct 2011 16:57:54 +0200

Dear Ariel

Quick answers to your questions:
a) X variable for assignment is HIV prevalence rate at community level
b) cut off is 22%
c) yes I am also worried n=8 at community level is not sufficient

My outcome is labour supply for individuals in 200 treated households
(residing in 4 chosen communities) and 200 control households
(residing in 4 control communities). However does this still seem as
randomization at community level if program placement was non-random
i.e. they specifically targeted communities with higher HIV rates
(above 22%). Household recruitment was not randomized either.

In that case can I use multilevel modelling? I had done propensity
score matching, but reviewers feel there are unobservables I am
overlooking. So with cross sectional data, what other methods can I
plausibly use?

Kindly advise

Regards

Nyasha Tirivayi