st: Problem with Recognizing User Written Programs

From   Alan Neustadtl <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Problem with Recognizing User Written Programs
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:40:26 -0400

In both Stata versions 11 and 12 for Windows something has changed so
that some Stata commands do not recognize user-written software.  For
example -ado- does not find any user installed programs.  Yet, the
files are physically on my hard drive and in the Stata path so they
all can be run. For example, entering -outreg- at the command line
after a regression estimation command produces the expected result.

So, while I can use all of the user-written programs I have installed,
-adoupdate- and -ado- do not find these same programs.

Another clue, if I install a program not currently on my computer
(e.g. -net install vreverse.pkg-) the program installs properly and
-ado- finds it.

For programs already installed but not visible to -ado- using -net
install vreverse.pkg, force- makes them available to -ado-.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alan