Re: st: One-way table and multiple variables

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: One-way table and multiple variables
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 03:35:56 +0000

<>

I'd start with -table- , or use a combination of -collapse- and some command to export your table (e.g., -outsheet- or Stata 12's - export excel-)  For example:

*******
sysuse auto, clear

**table**
table rep78, center c(n price n mpg n headr)
table rep78, center c(n price n mpg n headr) by(for)

**collapse & export**
  preserve
collapse (count) price mpg headr, by(rep78)
lab var price "Freq Price"
lab var mpg "Freq MPG"
lab var headroom "Freq Headr"

*export*
outsheet using "test", replace
**or**
if "`c(version)'" == "12" export excel using "test2.xlsx",  ///
replace sheet("My Tables") firstrow(varl)
  restore
********

Also,  you can take advantage of the formatting and exporting features of some user-written table commands like -tabout- or -outreg2-  from SSC.  -findit table- shows many possibilities.

- Eric