st: Conditional Logit model with dependent variable as frequency

From   Scott Knoche <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Conditional Logit model with dependent variable as frequency
Date   Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:28:27 -0400

Hello,

I have recently switched to Stata from other econometric software and
am having trouble estimating Mcfadden's Choice (asclogit) model in
Stata with my data.  The problem is that, to run asclogit, the
dependent variable must be a 0-1 variable.  As my data consists of
many individuals' behavior observed over a period of time, many of
whom select the same alternative multiple times, I would like to be
able to run a conditional logit model that allows frequencies
(0,1,2,3,...) of alternative selections as the dependent variable,
rather than just a dummy variable for whether or not the individual
chose the alternative.  Can (and if so, how) can this be done?

Thanks very much for your help.  I have spent much time trying to
figure out if this can be done in Stata, and I am wondering if I am
missing something.

Scott