Re: st: stattransfer

To   [email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: stattransfer
Date   Wed, 17 Aug 2011 19:37:14 -0500

At 04:46 PM 8/17/2011, Lachenbruch, Peter wrote:
In trying to convert a Stata 12 data set to excel using StatTransfer, i got the message that the Stata 12 format is not supported. Does anyone (e.g., Steve Dubnoff) know what plans there are for updating StatTransfer?

First, you shouldn't transfer Stata data to Excel. It is an insult to Stata. ;-) But if you must, I just tried Stat Transfer 11 and it works fine.

Incidentally, I just realized that Stata 12 dta files can't be read by Stata 11. If you share files with other people you may want to get in the habit of saving in an older format. Most of my poverty-stricken graduate students are going to be working with Stata 11 so I don't want to zap their ability to work through my handouts and assignments.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam