Re: st: likelihood ratio test

Subject   Re: st: likelihood ratio test
Date   Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:30:14 -0400

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:18 PM, omer niazi <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am trying to apply likelihood ratio test after making a bivariate
> var model on the
> covariance matrix (i.e whether the covariances are significant or not
> of the var model).
> But I am not sure how to use the covariance matrix (which could be
> displayed by command vce)
> to apply this test in stata.

-vce- gives you the variance-covariance matrix of the coefficient
estimates. If you need to work with the covariance matrix of the data,
you would need to run -correlate, cov-. I don't think there are any
tests on the covariance matrices of the data available in Stata, apart
from specific models, so in all likelihood you would need to write
stuff up from scratch using either -matrix- commands or Mata. You can
probably do something with Stata 12 -sem-, although frankly I am at a
loss as to how rich a model for two observed variables might be.