Re: st: Is there a way to use Mata to speed up within-group extrema search in Stata?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Is there a way to use Mata to speed up within-group extrema search in Stata?
Date   Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:47:34 +0100

For the record, this is a little slower. Calling up -max(,)- has some
overhead over doing it directly as Robert does. But it is still much
faster than the method with re-sort-ing.

* third method
clonevar mx2 = desc2
by account date : replace mx2 = max(mx2[_n-1], desc2)
by account date: replace mx2 = mx2[_N]

Nick