st: regression diagnostics with complex survey data

From   Sara Head <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: regression diagnostics with complex survey data
Date   Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:55:52 -0400

Hi Statalist,

I am working on a mediation analysis using complex survey data from
the 2007 Bangladesh Demographic and Health Survey. I’m using Stata/IC
11.1.

I account for complex design with the svyset command, and -estat
effects, deff- shows  design effects are all less than 2. I am now
trying to run regression diagnostics with my most-final model, but
Stata’s svy post estimation commands do not support leverage, dfit,
cooksd, dfbeta, or vif (among others).

Although there are several thorough articles and dissertations
discussing regressions diagnostics for complex data (google the
authors Li & Valliant, Liao & Valliant, and Valliant), these are all
over my head and not directed at syntax.

Q1: Could someone point me towards any programs or commands for
considering influential data, multicollinearity with complex survey
data?

Q2: Since  design effects are still relatively low, what are
Statalisters’ opinions about conducting diagnostics without accounting
for design?

Many thanks