RE: st: RE: RE: Error in ivreg2 and ivregress

From   B Villena <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: Error in ivreg2 and ivregress
Date   Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:53:49 -0400

Dear Mark,

I have run several experiments to try to undersantd what going on.
The most surprising result is that LIML ivreg2 and ivregress do work when I used my laptop (Windows XP) instead of my server (Windows 7).

Even more surprising to me is the fact that I run a second session of Stata 11.2 in my Windows 7 server, ivreg2 and ivregress work!!! I obtain the same results I got in my laptop.

I investigated further this issue by running 2SLS in my server session 1 and session 2, and in my laptop. I got the same results!!

However, if I try to run ivreg2 in my server session 1 I get the following error message

invsym(): matrix has missing values
r(504);

If I run ivregress in my server session 2 I get the error message

estimates post: matrix has missing values
r(504);

I have to add the fact that this problem happened when I was running 16 Stata 11.2 sessions in my server. Do you think this fact could explain some computer diminished performance?

All this issue looks incredibly odd to me, so I'd really appreciate if you help me understand what's going on

Best,