Re: st: Hypergeometric function

From   Michal Brzezinski <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Hypergeometric function
Date   Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:52:48 +0200

I have a program - gb2ineq - that uses an algorithm developed by Wimp
(1981) to compute 3F2(1) function. The program computes the Gini index
from McDonald's formula and the Generalized Entropy indices according
to methods proposed by Prof. Jenkins in his 2009 paper. It computes
also standard errors using the delta method. For most cases it works
rather fast and accurately, I think, but I have not tested it too much
yet.

I have also some early version of a program implementing an algorithm
computing 2F1 hypergeometric function if the original poster is
interested.

-gb2ineq- can be downloaded using commands:

net from http://coin.wne.uw.edu.pl/mbrzezinski/software
net describe gb2ineq

Michal Brzezinski

Faculty of Economic Sciences