Re: st: How do I interpret random coefficient parameters (SD) using xtmixed

From   "Miller, Daniel P" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: How do I interpret random coefficient parameters (SD) using xtmixed
Date   Sun, 17 Jul 2011 18:27:27 -0400

The other thing to look at is whether the random effects terms are significant or not. Significantly different from zero indicates unexplained variation in your dependent variable at whatever level you are examining.

If you are referring to any standard MLM text you might also check to see if the ucla stat website has a chapter by chapter walkthrough as this can be helpful in seeing how book examples are run and interpreted.

www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/examples

Dan

Sent from my iPhone