Re: st: Obtaining a list of variables, their descriptions and their labels

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Obtaining a list of variables, their descriptions and their labels
Date   Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:06:53 +0000

<>

   -findit- returns many potential user programs including,  labellist, labelsof, uselab, lablist, and more.
My favorite for this task (and one that gives an output similar to what you describe) is -fre- (from SSC).  However, -fre- only gives you value labels have corresponding values, by default.  If you want to see all the values (even those that are defined, but there is no corresponding value), you'd type:  -fre varname, includelabeled-
Also, note that -codebook varname- is another way to show value labels for values that exist.

- Eric
__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute