Re: st: marginal effect of the interaction term in the probit model using margins command

From   Ridhima Gupta <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: marginal effect of the interaction term in the probit model using margins command
Date   Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:54:50 +0100

Maarten thanks a lot for your help.

I calculated the marginal effect on the interaction term using the
inteff command. My understanding is that the output reports the mean
interaction effect i.e. it reports the interaction effect when all
variables are held at the mean.

When I report the marginal effects in the paper, I report them at
certain values of the variables that donot coincide with the mean.

So for consistency can I get the interaction effect in the output at
the same values at which I report the marginal effects?

Does the inteff command have an at option like at in the margins command?

If not then would you recommend that I report the marginal effects at
the mean vlues along with the interaction effect?

Thanks a lot,
Ridhima