Re: st: Pweights in SUREG?

Subject   Re: st: Pweights in SUREG?
Date   Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:36:51 -0400

Benjamin Harris <[email protected]>:
Welcome! Don't make fweights out of pweights unless you really are
sure it's the right thing to do.  Better to ignore the weights than to
pretend you have a census (one potential outcome of making fweights
out of pweights), and better than that to use aweights and fail to
correct for heteroskedasticity or clustering. Do you have different
explanatory variables in different regressions?  If not, -suest- is
just as good for you as -sureg-. Note aweights plus clustering is 99%
of what -svy- does (aweights plus robust=pweights), and -suest- has an
option to cluster:

webuse nhanes2, clear
qui reg bpsystol age sex i.race
est sto s
qui reg bpdiast age sex i.race
est sto d
suest d s
sureg (bpdiast age sex i.race) (bpsystol age sex i.race)
qui reg bpsystol age sex i.race [aw=finalwgt]
est sto s
qui reg bpdiast age sex i.race [aw=finalwgt]
est sto d
egen c=group(strata psu)
suest d s, cluster(c)
svy:reg bpsystol age sex i.race