st: getting the range of labels on a graph

From   Antoine Terracol <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: getting the range of labels on a graph
Date   Tue, 07 Jun 2011 10:05:27 +0200

Hello _all,

would anyone know of a way to automatically get the range of the x- and y-axis used by Stata in a -twoway- graph?

I need to write a small command to automate the production of a specific graphic involving -graph combine-, and for the result to look nice, I need to make some axis coincide, which in turns require that I set the -xlabel- and -ylabel- of subgraphics to match those of the main -twoway- graph (xhich itself is a superposition of a scatterplot and of a nonparametric regression with confidence intervals).

The program would implement the following steps:

1. get the name of two variables from the syntax
2. draw the main -twoway- graph
3. somehow get the labels range of that graph
4. use the ranges to tweak the secondary graphs so that everything looks nice

And I'm stuck at step 3...

Antoine

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.