Re: st: simulating random numbers from zero inflated negative binomial estimates

From   Ari Samaranayaka <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: simulating random numbers from zero inflated negative binomial estimates
Date   Fri, 3 Jun 2011 17:03:58 +1200

Dear Paul
Thank you very much for the great help. Your are the first person to answer my question. Your answer works, and I understood the logic you used in your codes. Simulated random variates goes quite closely with observed data. I interpret this as a reasonable model fit. Great. Thank you.

I expected whenever the ZINB model fit is reasonably good, if we use the ZINB postestimation predict command to produce predicted numbers, those predicted numbers also should goes closely with observed data.
For example, if I use the command
predict expec, ir
then distribution of resultant values in "expec" should have similar distribution to observed data (because we do not specify an "exposure" in our model). However those 2 distributions quite different. Did I misinterpret the result from predict command.
Thank you again
Ari