Re: st: please answer my question,,thanks

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: please answer my question,,thanks
Date   Tue, 31 May 2011 16:18:21 +0200

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 4:04 PM, kartika eka pratiwi wrote:
> i want to ask about gompertz distribution...
>
> i have a problem for interpreting the model from output in STATA...
> please share how should i do..
>
> i can't get the value of lambda
>
> how to make the model from output in STATA?

Please use informative subjects. We assume that when you ask a
question you would appreciate an answer, so there is nothing
informative about that: That fact does not sets your question apart
from any other question on the statalist. Also, thanking in advance
when English is not your native tongue is usually not a good idea.
Doing that right is quite a subtle, so you can easily make many
mistakes, angering people when all you want to do is thank them. The
safest route is to thank people after they have given you advise.

There are many parameterizations of the same model or distribution,
and even when the same parameterization is used different authors tend
to use different symbols for the same parameter. So asking for lambda
is not enough information for us to answer your question.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen