st: RE: RE: VEC command and aconstraints option

From   Kevin Amess <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: VEC command and aconstraints option
Date   Wed, 25 May 2011 09:58:36 +0100

Dear Eric,

Thanks for the advice, but I am looking for something a little different. If we take constraint 7, all the variables in equation D_y are omitted. However, I would like to omit just one of the variables in that equation. Is this possible?

Thanks
Kevin.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of DE SOUZA Eric
Sent: 24 May 2011 17:07
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: VEC command and aconstraints option

This is because -aconstraints- puts a restriction on the alpha matrix, whereas your constraint does not concern the alpha matrix.
Here is an example of constraints  in the -vec- command:

* IMPOSE RESTRICTIONS ON BETA
constraint 1 [_ce1]mp = 1
constraint 2 [_ce1]y = -1
constraint 3 [_ce1]dp = [_ce1]r
constraint 4 [_ce1]_trend = 0
constraint 5 [_ce2]mp = 0
constraint 6 [_ce2]y = 1

* IMPOSE CONSTRAINTS ON ALPHA
constraint 7 [D_y]L._ce1 = 0
constraint 8 [D_dp]L._ce1 = 0
constraint 9 [D_r]L._ce1 = 0
constraint 10 [D_mp]L._ce2 = 0

* RESTRICTED VECTOR ERROR CORRECTION MODEL
vec mp y dp r, lags(2) rank(2) alpha trend(rtrend) aconstraints(7/10) bconstraints(1/6)

Eric de Souza
College of Europe
Brugge (Bruges), Belgium
http://www.coleurope.eu