RE: st: egen anycount

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: egen anycount
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 20:08:01 +0100

No; why would I suggest -reshape-? Your problems with looking for equality with fractions will bite regardless of long or wide form. It's soluble: as said, you use -float()- with floats and not with doubles.

Thomas Speidel

 The reality is much less picture perfect: a MET value is assigned from
 a published compendium of physical activities. This compendium has a
 single decimal point of precision (just like the last page on the
 Wikipedia article). Of course, if I had a choice I would do the
 calculations myself, thus preserving more accuracy, but I have to rely
 on published sources and work within its constraints.
 I suspect you are going to suggest using reshape... :-)

 Thomas