RE: st: suest equivalent for areg.

Subject   RE: st: suest equivalent for areg.
Date   Fri, 20 May 2011 21:32:30 +0100

Sumedha,

Why not partial out the fixed effects by hand and then use -regress-?  An easy way to do this is with Ben Jann's -center- command.  Then do your estimations on the transformed data.

If you're planning on using -suest-, you'll probably need to use the undocumented -dof- option of -regress- when you do your estimations before invoking -suest-.  This is because you will have to tell -regress- that you've lost X degrees of freedom because of the X individual effects.  The syntax is easy, e.g.,

regress y x1 x2, dof(25)

tells -regress- that there are 25 degrees of freedom, i.e., the macro e(df_r) will have 25 in it.

HTH,
Mark

registered under charity number SC000278.