Re: st: Two questions on Pisati's -spmap- for plotting shapefile geographic data

From   Jen Zhen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Two questions on Pisati's -spmap- for plotting shapefile geographic data
Date   Thu, 19 May 2011 12:06:11 +0200

Maurizio,

thanks a lot for your reply!

I realized that my original shapefile dataset contained not only
polygons for the district boundaries, but also polygons for the state
boundaries, marked as such. I have now saved the latter in a separate
dataset and then used the --option polygon(data(stateboundaries)
osize(*1.5))--.

But instead of the desired thicker lines around my states in the
original map, I get some weird lines outside my original map. The
weird thing is that the range of _X and _Y values of the state dataset
lies within those of the main coordinates dataset, so I do not
understand why the geographical matching does not work out.

I realize this may be hard to understand. But if, by any chance, you
should still see what might be going wrong here, then any hint would
be much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
JZ