st: using svyset for National Sample Survey data (India)

From   Vaishnavi Surendra <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: using svyset for National Sample Survey data (India)
Date   Sun, 15 May 2011 22:15:27 +0530

Dear Statalisters,

I am using data from the 61st round (Consumption Expenditure Survey)
of NSSO data for India and wish to analyze it using Stata 11.1. I was
wondering if anyone had used this before and could help me with the
svyset command for this dataset.

The survey has a stratified multistage design and is divided into
urban and rural sectors. The first stage units in rural are sampled by
probability proportional to size with replacement, while in urban, it
is simple random sampling without replacement. In both sectors, the
second stage units are sampled by simple random sampling without
replacement. Since there is a difference between urban and rural, I
was wondering if anyone could help me with setting the survey design.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Vaishnavi