st: nonlinear iv

From   Dan Bergov <[email protected]>
Subject   st: nonlinear iv
Date   Tue, 10 May 2011 04:33:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello! After managing with the AR test I have of course another question. I estimated with instrumental variables method, particularly GMM a linear equation and performed the AR test robust to weak instruments. Now I want to estimate a non linear equation with GMM (such as grow_rate-{b1}*{b2}/b{3}*r-({b3}*{b4}/(1-b{2})*bv), but I cannot figure out how. I read in help abou nl for least squares and ml. If someone could provide at leasr a reccomandation where to read further and understand how to compute the non linear estimation I would deeply appreciate it. Hope my message is posted, the last one was but I had problems with my previous mails.
Thanks a lot!
dan

----- Original Message -----
From: Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: st: message

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Dan Bergov <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi! I tried to post 2 questions yesterday on the forum but neither was posted. Can someone tell if I did something wrong.Hope this one is posted.

The archives show that you posted twice on the 3rd May, once on the
4th and 7th and once today (at least in the month of May).

As to what you've done wrong I've no idea, you could have sent it to
the wrong address thanks to a typo, or you could have included an
attachment which you shouldn't do.  Or perhaps you sent it from a
different email account that you haven't subscribed to Statalist with.
Who knows?  Not me thats for sure.

Neil
--
“Truth in science can be defined as the working hypothesis best suited
to open the way to the next better one.” - Konrad Lorenz

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://kimura.no-ip.org/

*  For searches and help try:
*  http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?searchhttp://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faqhttp://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/