R: st: R: imputation of missing dates

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: R: imputation of missing dates
Date   Fri, 6 May 2011 19:15:50 +0200

Dear Yulia,
thanks a lot for these further details. It would seem that your missing
dates are not missing at random.
If, as Maarten suggested, and with the cautions he highlighted, you are
going to try propensity score matching, some background literature may turn
out useful:

Becker SO, Ichino A. Estimation of average treatment effects based
on propensity scores. The Stata Journal (2002) 2, Number 4, pp. 358?377.

Guo S, Fraser MW. Propensity score analysis. SAGE, 2010.

Kindest Regards,
Carlo
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Yulia Blomstedt
Inviato: venerdì 6 maggio 2011 14.28
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: Re: st: R: imputation of missing dates

Thank you Carlo.
I've been going through the literature but have not yet been able to
come up with  mi syntax that would work for me.

Answering your questions:
1) The examination was voluntary. 60% of the invited individuals have
participated. Others have not due to various reasons
2) Our earlier study showed that non-participants differ in their
education level (higher) and age (younger) from the participants, but
not in other characteristics.
This of course raises a concern of whether mi is applicable at all,
since its assumption is that the missing data are missing at random.

If mi is not applicable, what other method could I use to create the
EXAMDATE for non-participants?

/Yulia