Re: st: do variables not used in a process take up memory while a process runs?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: do variables not used in a process take up memory while a process runs?
Date   Wed, 4 May 2011 16:58:50 +0100

Stata keeps all of the data in memory, so that the question is whether
you are near some limit. If you are, Stata often slooowwwwwwws right
down.

-keep-ing just the data you need might speed things up. It might be
irrelevant. It won't do any harm.

My visceral instinct is that using a stick is not going to help at all.

Nick