Re: st: out-of-sample prediction does not work after -regress- with lags

From   Mirko <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: out-of-sample prediction does not work after -regress- with lags
Date   Wed, 4 May 2011 15:50:29 +0100

Thank you Maarten for your reply.

I am not interested in the missing values at the beginng of the
sample, clearly they are missing because there is not enough
information. Instead, I would like to undestand why -predict- perfoms
the out-of-sample forecast for one data point at the end of the series
(the observations created with -tsappend-) only and not for the whole
sample when lags are presents. The problem does not occure, for
instance, when the regressor is a time trend. What am I missing here?
Thanks

Mirko