Re: st: recode non-numerical values

From   Phil Clayton <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: recode non-numerical values
Date   Mon, 2 May 2011 23:02:16 -0400

This will make missing values of DrugID have a value of drug==0. This may be what you want but generally it would be better to keep them as missing, so I would suggest modifying to:

gen byte drug = (DrugID=="d06662") if !missing(DrugID)

Phil