Re: st: How to generate a dummy variable based on groups of variables in t-1

Subject   Re: st: How to generate a dummy variable based on groups of variables in t-1
Date   Sat, 30 Apr 2011 07:22:32 -0400

Except use a lag operator (help tsvarlist), or first ensure there are
no gaps in panels.

egen industry_takeover = max(firm_takeover), by(industry year)
tsset firm year
gen takeover_last =L.industry_takeover