Re: st: Left truncation in survival analysis

Subject   Re: st: Left truncation in survival analysis
Date   Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:47:13 -0400

Yigit-
Rather than assuming a distribution for unobserved ongoing durations,
it is probably better to use only new spells (i.e. throw out all
truncated cases), which loses efficiency but more correctly reflects
the uncertainty inherent in your data.